§ 1 Definitions
1. The following Regulations define the terms and conditions for the execution of orders placed from 25/12/2014 and is a consequence of the entry into force of the Act on consumer rights of 30 May 2014 (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827).
2. The terms used in these Regulations have the following definitions:
Customer (Buyer, Consumer) - a natural person, legal person or an organizational unit that is not a legal person, the specific provisions of which grant legal capacity, which places an Order within the Store.
Online Store - an online store located at the electronic address www.eurometal.org.uk, run and owned by the Seller.
Seller - The seller is the company Eurometal LTD. based in Miszewko 41, 80-297 Banino, with the number: VAT EU: PL5850001603.
Goods - products presented in the Online Store.
Additional service - a service provided by the Service Provider to the Customer outside the Online Store due to the nature of the products sold.
Agreement - a contract for the sale of the Goods offered by the Seller, concluded without the simultaneous presence of the Parties using the telecommunications network.
Order - Customer's declaration of will, aimed directly at the conclusion of the Sales Agreement, specifying in particular the type and quantity of the Goods.
Parties - Seller and Buyer.
Order form - a form filled in when placing an order via the online store so that the order can be properly processed
§ 2 General provisions for the provision of electronic services
1. These Regulations define the rules for using the online store available at www.eurometal.org.uk
2. Before using the website of the online store www.eurometal.org.uk, and especially before placing an order, the buyer should read the content of these regulations.
3. Making purchases via www.eurometal.org.uk requires the acceptance of cookies by the user's browser.
3. All products offered at www.eurometal.org.uk have been legally introduced to the Polish market, are brand new, free from physical and legal defects.
4. The content of the www.eurometal.org.uk online store is the property of the Seller and is legally protected.
5. In order to use the website of the online store www.eurometal.org.uk, the buyer should have access to a computer station or other device connected to the Internet with installed software that enables browsing the web.
6. Photos of goods placed on the website of the online store www.eurometal.org.uk are examples and are used only for presentation. Descriptions and photos placed under individual goods come from the Seller.
§ 3 Placing orders
1. Orders are accepted via the website, by phone and by e-mail.
2. An order via the website of the store can be placed 24 hours a day all year round. Placing orders by phone or by e-mail is possible only on working days during the hours specified on the store's website.
3. The order is effective if the ordering party correctly fills in all the fields from the order form, including contact details: the exact address to which the purchased goods are to be sent, telephone contact number and e-mail address.
4. In case of providing incomplete or incorrect data, the seller will contact the buyer. If the buyer cannot be contacted, the seller has the right to cancel the transaction.
5. The ordering procedure ends when the customer, after completing the data, selecting the payment and delivery method and accepting the regulations and consent in the order form, clicks the "SEND ORDER" button. Performing this action means placing an order and concluding with Eurometal LTD. contracts for the sale and purchase of products covered by the order.
§ 4 Costs and shipping date
1. The prices listed on the website do not include the cost of shipping the goods. Information on shipping costs can be found under the form that the buyer completes to place an order. The buyer is responsible for the shipping costs.
2. Lack of information about the delivery costs is equivalent to the fact that the shipping costs are covered by the seller.
3. The shipping cost depends on the dimensions and packing method of the ordered goods.
4. Orders made through the online store are carried out only in the territory of the Republic of Poland.
5. The goods are sent to the address indicated by the customer in the form, provided by phone or by e-mail. The seller is obliged to inform immediately in the event of an incorrectly completed order form, which prevents the shipment of the goods or may delay it.
6. The Seller allows the Buyer to collect the ordered goods in person.
7. If the option of payment on delivery is selected, the shipment is sent within 24 hours from the moment of placing the order on working days. If you choose another payment option via bank transfer, the goods are sent after the payment is credited.
8. The Seller delivers the Goods via a courier company. After the Goods have been released by a representative of the courier company, the Ordering Party should check whether the Goods have mechanical damage resulting from transport and that the Goods released are in agreement with the Order. In the absence of damage or other reservations, the Ordering Party confirms the release of the Goods with his own signature. In the event of a mechanical damage to the Goods or non-compliance of the Goods with the Order, the Buyer has the right not to accept the shipment, then a damage report should be drawn up by the courier, in which the damage will be described or the wrong goods will be marked, date and courier's signature. The Seller should be notified of such a situation by phone or by sending an e-mail to the address provided on the website www.eurometal.org.uk. Checking the shipment on delivery is a necessary condition for any customer claims for damage, inappropriate goods or loss of shipment in transport.
§ 5 Payment
1. The products offered in the online store www.eurometal.org.uk have a net and gross price (increased by 23% VAT).
2. All prices are given in Polish zlotys (PLN)
3. The buyer has the option to pay:
by transfer to the indicated account number: 65 1090 1098 0000 0001 0345 8896
upon receipt of the goods
4. A personal VAT invoice is issued for each ordered product.
5. The VAT invoice is attached to the ordered goods.
§ 6 Withdrawal from the contract
1. A buyer who has concluded a distance contract has the right to withdraw from the contract without giving any reason by submitting a written statement. The right to withdraw from the contract is limited in time and is valid for 14 days in accordance with the Act of May 30, 2014 on consumer rights (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827).
2. The period for withdrawal from the sales contract starts running from the moment the buyer accepts the goods.
3. The Buyer may withdraw from the contract by submitting a declaration to the Seller. The statement may be submitted in writing to the Seller's address or by e-mail.
4. The Buyer is responsible for any reduction in the value of the Goods as a result of using it in a way that goes beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods.
5. The right to withdraw from the contract by the Consumer is excluded in the following cases:
Machines, spare parts and manuals after the consumer has removed their original packaging;
goods (services) that go beyond the standard offer of the store, prepared at the customer's special request and tailored to his individual needs;
6. In the event of exercising the right to withdraw from the contract:
The seller is obliged to immediately, not later than within 14 days from the date of receipt of the Buyer's statement on withdrawal from the sales contract, return all payments made by him, including delivery costs to the buyer.
the seller may withhold the reimbursement of payments received from the buyer until the ordered goods are received back or the buyer has provided proof of returning the goods.
the obligation of the buyer is to immediately send back the goods no later than 14 days from the date on which he withdrew from the sales contract.
the customer bears only the direct cost of returning the goods.
the seller returns the payment to the bank account number provided by the buyer.
7. The Seller does not accept cash on delivery shipments sent by the Buyer.
§ 7 Complaints conditions
1. All offered products are guaranteed by the manufacturer, importer or seller. The period of the product is included in the description on the store's website. Detailed warranty conditions are specified in the warranty card issued by the Seller.
2. The Seller is liable to the Buyer if the purchased Goods have a physical or legal defect.
3. In the event of a defect in the Goods, the Buyer:
may submit an appropriate declaration of cost reduction or withdrawal from the Agreement.
has the right to demand replacement of the defective Product with a Product free from defects or removal of the defect. The Seller is obliged to replace the defective Product with a Product free from defects or to remove the defect as soon as possible. All costs related to the return and repair are covered by the Seller.
4. In the event of a defect in the goods, the Buyer should inform the seller about this fact during the warranty period via:
e-mail to the e-mail address provided on the website.
by phone to the number provided on the website.
the form located at www.eurometal.org.uk
5. The condition for the consideration of the guarantee is the presentation by the buyer of a proof of purchase in the form of a VAT invoice.
6. Complaints are considered within 14 working days of their receipt. Defective goods are repaired or replaced with another. In the event that the defect is impossible to remove, the Seller will refund the Buyer the equivalent of the price of the Goods or offer another available to choose from.
§ 8 Personal data
GDPR information clause
WHO IS THE ADMINISTOR OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The administrator of your personal data is Eurometal LTD. based in Miszewko 41, 80-297 Banino, with the VAT EU number: PL5850001603.
WHO CAN YOU CONTACT TO ASK ABOUT THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Any questions regarding the processing of your personal data can be sent via e-mail to the following e-mail address: email@example.com or by post to the Data Administrator's address.
HOW DID WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN POSSIBILITY?
Your personal data has been provided to us directly by you in the process of creating an account at www.eurometal.org.uk
In addition, we received your data from the payment operator who allowed you to make a payment for the goods purchased in our store.
If you log in to the store using external websites such as Facebook or Google, i.e. you use an external authentication service used by these entities, they provide us with the following data about you: e-mail address, name and surname.
IS IT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE US OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Providing your personal data is necessary in order to conclude and perform the contract concluded with you, i.e. to create an account in the store and make a purchase. In order to conclude an account access agreement, we need your e-mail address, and in order to process the order and deliver the ordered goods, we need your name and surname, address, telephone number. If you do not provide us with the above-mentioned data, we will not be able to conclude a contract with you. Providing other personal data by you is voluntary.
FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT BASIS WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
As we have already mentioned above, we are entitled to process your personal data in order to implement the contract concluded between us or to perform our legitimate interests, for the following purposes:
Enabling you to use the services provided electronically, including full use of the store;
Enabling you to register and manage your account in the store and enable you to view the history of your orders;
Enabling purchases within the store;
Enabling you to make payments for purchases with us;
Considering your complaints and complaints made by you regarding the services provided in the store;
Contacting you, in particular for the purposes related to the implementation of your orders;
Termination of the contract, including account closure;
Based on a legitimate interest, we can process your personal data for the purposes of:
Organization of competitions in which you can participate;
Conducting marketing activities of own services;
Conducting arbitration, mediation and court proceedings;
Contacting you for purposes related to marketing activities;
Data storage for archival purposes and ensuring accountability;
Provision of payment services.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending information to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the data administrator's address.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We assure you that we will exercise all your rights granted by law: the right to access personal data, delete them, limit their processing, rectify personal data, the right to transfer them, as well as the right to object to further processing of your personal data by us and not being subject to automated decision making - profiling.
Remember that regarding the processing of your personal data by us, you can lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office based in Warsaw at ul. Rates 2.
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may disclose your personal data to third parties if it is necessary to perform the order (payment, delivery of goods). We may disclose your personal data if it is required by law.
FOR WHAT PERIOD DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data, the processing of which is carried out on the basis of tax and accounting, we are obliged to store for a period of 5 years after the end of the year in which the tax payment period expired. We can process your personal data for a maximum of 10 years, it is directly related to your claims in connection with the performance of the contract. For marketing purposes, we may process your data until the contract that binds us is terminated or until you object to their further processing.
IS YOUR DATA USED TO AUTOMATICALLY MAKE DECISIONS ABOUT YOU? OTHER WORDS ARE YOU PROFILED?
Your data will not be used for automated decision-making, including profiling based on the personal data received from you.
§ 9 Final provisions
1. In matters not covered by these regulations, the provisions of generally applicable law shall apply, in particular the Civil Code and the Act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827).
3. The Seller reserves the right to amend these Regulations. The amendment to the Regulations comes into force within 14 days of publication. The changes will be made available on the website of the online store www.eurometal.org.uk Lack of acceptance of the new wording of the Regulations means the inability to use the online store and place Orders.
4. Date of publication of the regulations: 01/01/2022